Small Fountain: 27" Tall, 11" Diameter Base, 3 Tiers, 1 hp Motor, 3 amps, 115 volts
Chocolate Fountain Instructions:
1. Set the chocolate fountain base on a sturdy, level surface to begin. Starting off with a sturdy level surface will ensure proper operation of the chocolate fondue fountain. Uneven sheeting of chocolate over the fountain tiers is usually the result of the chocolate fountain not standing level or that the chocolate fondue is too thick.
2. Pick up the main column and tier assembly and line up the 4 receiving tubes at the bottom of the column with the 4 pegs in the bowl portion of the fountain base. (You can assemble the main column with the tiers in place, or wait until the column is on the fountain to add the tiers.) The fit is snug when seating the pegs into the receiving tubes at the bottom of the tier column. Once you have lined them up, slowly work the column down until it is securely attached to the base.
3. After the base and tiers are attached, insert the stainless steel auger. Be sure the auger is inserted into the main column with the slot in the center of the auger bar pointed down. After inserting the auger into the column, give a slight turn to the auger until you feel the slot at the auger bottom lock into the auger drive key in the center of the bowl base. Finish the fountain assembly by placing the crown on the top of the main column.
4. With the fountain fully assembled and level, it's time to get warmed up. Turn the switch to preheat. Set the temperature control for 250 degrees while you prepare to melt your chocolate. The unit should be preheated for 15 – 20 minutes. Fountain should be supervised at all times.
5. For a quick and easy setup, we suggest melting our chocolate fountain chocolate in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Our Chocolate Fountain Chocolate does not require the addition of oil. The chocolate comes in two pound microwavable bags.
Your own chocolate chips or callets can be added directly to the pan in the fountain base and heated until melted. After your chocolate is melted, reduce heat to 175-180°. This method can take up to an hour. If you use this method, stir the chocolate constantly to avoid burning.
6. To clean the unit, unplug the power cord. Scrape the tiers with a plastic spatula. Remove the central core and auger. These pieces can be washed in a dishwasher. (The small unit has o-rings, be sure not to lose them). Using the plastic spatula, scrape out any remaining chocolate. Using a sponge or a damp cloth, wash out the inside of the bowl with hot water and soap. Rinse carefully. CAUTION: Do not immerse or spray water on the motor or electrical parts. Be careful of sharp parts when cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the chocolate get to the top of the fountain?
Answer: Once the Fountain is assembled, pour the melted chocolate into the base of the Fountain until it is near the top rim of the base. Turn the switch to the left. This will do two things: it will turn on the heating element, which is controlled by a thermostat, and it will turn on the motor, which turns the auger (corkscrew). This will bring the chocolate up to the top where it will then flow down the 3 tiers and completely “enrobe” the Fountain, thus creating the ultimate chocolate fondue.
2. What type of function is the Chocolate Fountain used?
Answer: The Chocolate Fountain can be used for anything you so desire; whether it be a wedding, banquet, brunch, catering event, or birthday. No matter what the occasion, it is sure to amaze the crowd and will be a guaranteed hit.
3. Is the Chocolate Fountain hard to clean?
Answer: No. The top part of the Fountain will completely dismantle into five separate parts, so you can put it into your dishwashing machine. Then dry thoroughly with a towel. The base has the motor and the electrical cords so you can not immerse the base into water. You will have to scoop or pour out all the excess chocolate into an empty container. You can then pour clean water into the base to clean the bowl and then clean the remaining outer base with wet towels. It is quick and easy.
4. Is the Fountain difficult to assemble?
Answer: No. The Chocolate Fountain comes in a few basic parts: (1) The base, with the motor and electrical cords; (2) the tower, which attaches to the four pegs inside the base bowl; (3) the auger, which goes inside the cylinder; (4) the three tiers, and (5) the top hat, which is placed on the top of the Fountain.
5. What kind of chocolate do I use in the Chocolate Fountain?
Answer: We sell milk chocolate in 2 pound bags. Our chocolate does not require the addition of oil. However, any couverture chocolate will be fine (or chocolate with 33% to 44% cocoa butter).
6. Does the Chocolate Fountain melt the solid chocolate?
Answer: The Chocolate Fountain will melt the solid chocolate but, because of the low temperature, it would take a much longer time. We recommend melting the chocolate first in a microwave and then adding it to the Chocolate Fountain. Be sure that no water gets into the chocolate, as this will taint the chocolate.
7. How do I know if I melted the chocolate correctly?
Answer: The chocolate should not be too warm or too cold, and it should have a nice shine to it. Also, the thickness of the chocolate is very important for proper flow. Chocolate that is too thick will not flow but drop from tier to tier. Chocolate that is too thin will flow but will have gaps in the robing of the tiers.
8. How much chocolate do I need for the fountain? Answer: Our small chocolate fountain will hold up to 10 lbs. of chocolate. We recommend using 6 lbs. minimum to get a proper flow over the tiers. Our large chocolate fountain will hold up to 20 lbs. of chocolate. We recommend using 10 lbs. minimum to get a proper flow over the tiers. More chocolate can be added while the unit is running.
9. How many people does each fountain serve? Answer: The small fountain is great for parties up to 100 people. The large fountain is great for parties up to 300 people. By adding chocolate during the event, you can increase that number.
10. What can you dip in the Chocolate Fountain?
Answer: You can use marshmallows, pretzels, strawberries, bananas, other fruits, hard cookies, wafer cookies, and anything edible that goes with chocolate. However, we strongly advise against anything crumbly (i.e. pound cake, brownies, etc.) or that may easily slide off the skewers. Crumbs can clog the holes and block the constant flow of chocolate through the Fountain.
11. Can the Chocolate Fountain be used outside?
Answer: Yes, the Fountain can be used outside, but in limited areas. This is for three reasons. First, because chocolate has such an aroma that it will attract little flying creatures. (Always a tasty addition to your chocolate) Secondly, the chocolate needs to be kept at a consistent temperature at all times. Sometimes this is a little difficult if there is a breeze of some sort. Thirdly, the breeze will have an affect on your flow and, if strong enough, will cover more than your dippers with chocolate. Keep the Fountain close to a building, for protection, or better yet, with some sort of canopy over the Fountain. Keep in mind that the fountains can not run off a long extension cord. Keep the unit close to your power source.
12. How much does the Chocolate Fountain weigh and what are the power requirements?
Answer: The small Fountain is 25 lbs in total weight and the large Fountain is 75 lbs in weight. All the Fountains use the basic three-prong outlet, 110 or 220 volt, which is very convenient, along with an 8 amp fuse. Keep in mind that the fountains can not run off a long extension cord. Keep the unit close to your power source or it will not function properly.
If you need more information or are looking for other Buffet & Bar Service rentals like this, contact Connecticut Rental Center or view our other Buffet & Bar Service.
(0 in wishlist)
Tell us about your event
Have a long list of items? As you find the things you need for your event add them to your wishlist and save them until you're ready to kick things off!